Delicious Kale and Pinto Bean Soup
There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a chilly fall day. This soup contains kale, a superfood that is packed with vitamins, minerals and cancer-fighting enzymes. It contains loads of vitamin A, vitamin C, B6, manganese, calcium, copper and potassium.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 bouillon cubes
- dash of freshly ground sea salt
- dash of freshly ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- 5 large carrots, diced
- 2 bunches kale, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the beans and cook for 60-90 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In your soup pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans, water, bouillon, salt, pepper, bay leaves, rosemary, and carrots. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add the kale and cook another 15 minutes or until kale is tender. Add more water if needed.
- Remove the bay leaves, add more salt and pepper if needed.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 112 calories, 2g fat, 20g carbohydrate, 7.3g fiber, and 6g protein.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 at 8:38 pm and is filed under Recipes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.