Turkey & Veggie Soup
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1.3 lbs lean ground turkey
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 (14.5oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ears of corn, kernels sliced off
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add garlic.
- Add chopped carrots, cover for 5 minutes.
- Add onions, celery and fennel. Sauté until soft.
- In another skillet cook the ground turkey over medium heat until fully cooked, stirring often. Drain off excess fat.
- Transfer the veggies to large soup pot and add the remaining ingredients, and the cooked turkey. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Add extra water as desired.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 119 calories, 1 fat, 336mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 15g protein.
This entry was posted on Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 at 10:04 am and is filed under Nutrition, Recipes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.